Sunday, June 27, 2010

Girls Camp

I was invited to be the special speaker at girls camp this year.  It was alot of fun.  I drove to Sagehen campground on the sagehen reservoir on Wednesday.  I enjoyed a lovely tin foil dinner and lots of fun girls and good friends. 
The theme for camp was BUGS which stood for Beautiful United Grateful Sisters.  My theme to speak on was Beautiful.  My talk was about being your own kind of beautiful.  The pictures are of some posters I used in my talk.  My neighbor who is almost 16 made my posters for me. 
After my talk I was asked to help them do a special "faith walk".  It was about the 10 virgins.  I was a foolish virgin and had to tell a short story about my life and the foolish decisions that go me to that point. I asked them to accept my gift which was gold or other worldly treasures.  The wise virgins filled the girls lamps with oil as they chose to accept their gift.  It was touching when all the girls and the wise virgins with their oil entered the tent and shut the door leaving us outside. 
I spent the night and had a nice bed on a cot in the leaders tent.  The frogs and birds made for a short night, but woke up to a beautiful day and another lovely meal; mountain man breakfast!  I drive back to Boise after breakfast. I gave Sister Roy a ride home and enjoyed visiting with her.

                              10 vigins- (almost) foolish in black and wise in white



1 comment:

Shalean said...

Glad you got to go to camp! Love the nights when the girls feel the spirit and you see them become a little bit different person! I bet you did an awesome job with your talk!