Sunday, June 27, 2010

Burning of the high school papers.

Coelton has kept every paper he did since he was a freshman.  There were several boxes full of papers.  I knew he had quite the collection in his closet, but when he pulled it all out, I was surprised to see 4 big mountains of papers.  He didn't want to throw any of it away, because he thought he would need it sometime.  (like father, like son).
We dug a hole on the side of the house and built a fire for him to have a burning ceremony.  We roasted marshmellows and made smores.  I found these ginormous marshmellows at Winco.  They were a little too big and made for a very messy smore. 
We were having a fun time until Joel thought that maybe the fire was on top of a gas line and the whole place would blow at any second.








 

2 comments:

Judy Sledheads said...

I can't believe he kept all his papers! Casslyn just burned all her papers just from last year I think when we were up camping over Memorial Day. My kids can't keep track of their papers to hand them in, no way they keep them for a year or more! Awesome marshmellows, I saw some like that at Porters, and knew what a mess they would make! Smores look yummy!

Shalean said...

HAHAHAHA! I love it Coelton! Didn't know all of your hard work would entertain your family for a night did ya:)