Sunday, June 6, 2010

Class of 2010 Graduation

I can't believe it happened.  My little boy just graduated from high school.  We knew he was the class of 2010,and it seemed so far away,  we NEVER thought those strange numbers would ever arrive.

Aunt DaNae designed the announcements. 
 She did such a good job we couldn't decide which one was best!

Of course he had to do something crazy and obnoxious...it's graduation!  So he and a group of friends died their hair black!  I arrived home after running some errands and he was in my kitchen with no shirt on with black gunk all over in his hair.  I couldn't yell, cause there were others too.  Joel was working from home, so I went into the office to see if he was aware of what was going on. He said yes and "if this is the worst of it...I'm okay".  So, I decided that black hair for graduation couldn't be that bad...at least it wasn't white or shaved. 

 
We had a "graduation party" wednedesday night.  We invited Jason and Stephanie over.  The gradnparents had allready arrived.  I cooked dinner for everyone and of course Joel's flight was delayed, so he didn't get in until 7:30pm.  We had a good time visiting and eating some yummy food.  We all gathered and told one thing about coelton that we admired.  It was neat.  I had borrowed some decorations from a friend and had fun hanging the big banner in the front of the house and decorating the kitchen area.





On Thursday afternoon we took the Grandparents to the "Old Penitentary".  It was fun to walk around and read about the prison days.  There was also a gun exhibit and a transportation exhibit that were interesting to see.

There were 517 graduates from his class and the ceremony only lasted an hour and 15 minutes! Grandma and Grandpa Hammer were there and also Grandpa Judy. Grandma Judy was there too, just in spirit.
It was held at the Taco Bell Arena behind the BSU stadium.  The students have different color sashes; each represents their accadamy.  Coelton's blue sash is for the acadamy of Science, Engineering, Industrial Technology and Health.
They had  the 2 highest scoring GPA students speak.  They did a great job and the choir and jazz choir sang some excellent songs.  All the students were well behaved for the most part.  It was a great graduation!!


Notice the silver rope!  3.5-4.0 GPA




Pals
The gang
Elias
best buds since 9th grade
Elias, Coelton, Blake and Garrett
Kelli (she cut her hair)
Not sure where to put her arms with the mom taking the picture.  haha

After graduation we sent the Grandparents home with the kids, and Joel and I went to the student union building at BSU to chaperone the "all night party".  It started at 10 and ended at 4am.  It was a lot of fun and I'm glad we did it.  We were in charge of a game.  They had a room with "price is right" type of games, ours was called "hole in one".  The kids had to answer a question about high school and if they got the right answer they could putt the ball from the $5 line.  That's right, the kids won money...lots of money.  One boy won $85 on the wheel!  I had $200 in one dollar bills in my pocket to give to the kids for prizes.  It was a blast.  We ended the games at 1am and watched the hynotist show.  They also had all you could eat pizza, ice cream, drinks and other food. 


2 comments:

DaNae said...

Awwww, so cute! The hair is hilarious! I love Joel's reaction to it. Wish we could have been there! Way to go, Coelton! I almost cried reading what his coach said about him. Am I a proud aunt or what?

Shalean said...

I still can't believe little Coelton has graduated! Makes me feel old. Love your hair Nat! Makes me want to cut mine:)