Friday, July 2, 2010

The Judy Pack ran Bone and Back!

We had a goal to finish in 8 hours, but actually finished in 7 hours 31 minutes!  I have always wanted to run the bone and back race, and now I can say I did it! Joel had ran it a couple of times, and I thought he was crazy.  The heat is always an issue being the end of June and the HILLS are insane.




This year he ran it again with his brothers and Don and Coelton and Caden. They enetered in the family category and took 3rd place over all, just a few minutes behind the 1st and 2nd placers.   I think we finished in the family category 6th or 7th place.

My team consisted of brothers, sisters and brother- in- laws and sister- in- laws. There is 8 on a team and each person runs a leg of 5 miles. Joel's team only had 7 runners so Coelton ran 2 legs, (1 and 8)

Leg 1 - Claudine - 55 minutes
Leg 2 - Darrell - 59 minutes
Leg 3 - Rhett - 58 minutes
Leg 4 - Rick - 42 minutes
Leg 5 - Justin - 52 minutes
Leg 6 - Nat - 51 minutes
Leg 7 - Heather - 55 minutes
Leg 8 - DaNae - 70 minutes

Coelton ran the 1st leg and the HARDEST leg all up hill in 39 minutes.  Joel ran leg 5 in 39 minutes, Caden ran leg 7 in 35 minutes and then Coelton ran the last leg in 35 minutes. 

Everyone did a great job.  It was fun to watch everyone give it their all and try so hard to do something SO HARD.  We rode around in the back of Dad's truck with lawn chairs.  Justin also had his truck full of people. 

I was worried about my leg, it had a lot of hills, but the daddy of them all was in mile 5 and it felt like it was straight up.  I felt good the first few miles and passed a few people, but then got a sore foot and had to take my shoe off to get the cramps out of my toes. 

It was good times and I hope we do it again.

                                                      Team: HammerTime
Taking off- wearing the MAVS jersey
What a hottie

Team: Judy Pack
Claudine (1) to Darrell (2)
Darrell (2) to Rhett (3)
Rhett (3) to Rick (4)
Rick (4) to Justin (5)
Justin (5) to Natalie (6)
These 2 runners were way out ahead of me...look who passed them! 
Eat me dust TuTu girl.  haha
Natalie (6) to Heather (7)
I can't tell us apart with our bandanas on.
Heather (7) to DaNae (8)
All of us running in together for the finish, with DaNae leading.
DaNae taking us home- just before she puked.
After
All of us wore these bracelets to recognize and remember those who have fought cancer in our family. Orange for my sister, Lori who lost her battle with leukemia in 1987. Red is for Mom with lost her fight with multiple myeloma in 2007. Yellow is for Dad who fought and survived bladder cancer.
It says LIVE STRONG...and that we did.

                                                             Eternal Circle...Eternal Family


Dad drove the support vehicle and helped us get to where we needed to be.  No better person for that job.  He knows those hills like no one else.  Thanks for the support Dad and the cold water.
Let's do it again!

No comments: