Saturday, April 3, 2010

Eighteen on the 18th!

Coelton celebrated his "once in a lifetime" birthday when he turned 18 years old on the 18th of March.  He has been very dedicated to his training for track.  He doesn't eat sweets and when he didn't eat one piece of Caden's birthday cake, I asked him if he would even have any of his own cake.  He told me he would rather have banana bread.  (what's the difference?) 

So on his birthday I met him at lunch at the school and gave him a PB Protein smoothie.  He was too busy to go out to lunch so we decided to take him out to dinner instead.  He was watching BYU play in the march madness BB tournament.
  I texted some of his freinds and told them to come over to the house while we were gone and surprise Coelton when we came home from dinner.  I had snuck his phone the night before and wrote down all his friends numbers.  I got a text from (whom I thought was Austin Nielson) that said "Coelton who?"  this is something he would say because he is always teasing me.  I text back "Hammer...you idiot!"  (joking back) and then a few minutes later I get a response that says "this is Austin his cousin.  Am I supposed to drive to Boise?"  OOPS!
Autsin, Ashley, Elias, Garrett, Jake, Courtney, Kelli and Blake came over.   

We went to Johnny Corrinos for dinner and when we got back home, his friends were hiding in the house to surprise him.  Of course I was so busy getting everyone banana bread and cake and ice cream, I didn't take any pictures.  We did get one of him blowing out candles.  (yes, I did finally get some at the store)

He enjoyed the day and got money for a gift.  It's what he wanted...I was happy to have it be so easy!

Can't believe that little inquisitive boy of mine is all grown up and 18 years old...getting ready to graduate from high school.  I'm so excited for him.  We couldn't be more proud.

No comments: