Sunday, February 21, 2010

Practicing for the Olympics


The Vancouver Winter Olympics has been a lot of fun to watch.  I must admit when I watch the skiers I get a little excited.  I especially like watching Lindsey Vonn. 
On Thursday I got a call from a lady in our ward who always invtes me to go skiing to Bogus with her and another lady.  I always say no and that I am too busy.  She is persistant and it finally paid off. 
She invited me to go on Friday.  I looked on my calendar. 
My popcorn committee was covering the bagging and selling for the day.  First excuse- non valid.
Joel was out of town and wouldn't be back until 7pm, we would be back by 4pm.  making dinner excuse was not valid.
And the temple was closed so that was not valid either.  Dang...no excuses.
I called a friend to see if she could pick up Chloe at Kindergarten and keep her until Caden got home and could come and get her...she said YES...Chloe excuse not valid.
I had 2 free lift tickets still for the season and needed to use them...money excuse was not valid either.
 I said YES. 
She said she would pick me up at 9am.  I was actually pretty excited to go. 
Myself and 3 other ladies in my ward went.  We got to the mountain at about 10 and had a fabulous time skiing together until we went home at 3. 
It was a beautiful day and we experienced sunshine, fog and heavy snowfall. 
Our abilities were all similar, so no one held anyone back. 
Do they let old ladies in the Olympics?  I can only dream. 

2 comments:

Judy Sledheads said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!!! Right there is a great example of why I wish I didn't work full-time, playing during the day while the kids are at school should be a given!!!!!

Shalean said...

There you go! Excuse #1 for not going back to school: you have to train for the olympic team! Joel would be all over that! Sounds like fun!