Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Judy Reunion 2010

Justin and Carleen were in charge this year and had a winter reunion.  It was held in Ashton at the Shootout barn lodge.  It was 3 floors and had 7 bedrooms and one room was filled with bunk beds for all the girls.  It also had a theater room and a hot tub for people 12 years and older.  We loved that rule!  We stayed in the master suite with Dad.  He climbed a ladder each night and slept in the balcony that overlooked the room.  The 5 big boys stayed in the theater room on air mattresses, they loved that.




We left Boise on Friday and met Rick and Shalean on the way.  Rick got in with us and Chloe got in with Shalean.  Our car went to Kelly Canyon ski resort for night skiing. I learned how to ski at this resort.  Some of the runs I remember were Pinto Buffalo, Slitherydee, Ernies, Dropout and face.  We met up with Justin, Casslynn, Traegan, Rhett, Ashley and Blake.  Shalean took her girls and Chloe to the cabin.   We had a really fun time skiing.  I must say for a bunch of 40 year olds we did prettty darn good.  When ya got it, ya got it!  It was just like" old times" again,  Rhett and I would go skiing together practically every weekend during the winter months.  We were all a little more cautious and didn't take the jumps so much.  It was the perfect night, warm and clear.  The snow was pretty good too. The kids stayed on skiers lane all night.  They seemed to be having a ball.  Some of them had only been once, by the end of the night they were pro's.






On Saturday we had a great day outside in the snow.  The sun was shining and it was quite warm.  Rhett took me for a ride on his new sled.  I got on behind him and thought we would take off going 100 mph through the field, like old times, chasing some poor fox or coyote.   But was I wrong.  He started going in circles and told me to keep my knees in and to hang on.  He took the first circle and I immediately started to LEAN so we wouldn't tip over.  After the second circle I figured that I wasn't supposed to worry so much about leaning, it was all about not falling off.  He put me in the front and I felt like a little kid but felt much safer there.  I tried to describe it to my friend who was interested in how our weekend was.  I finally just said, "my brother is like a professional snowmobile rider."  She was pretty impressed.






Joel even got a ride with Rhett.  He got the nick name "white Knight" because of his cool snowboarding suit.  I went snowshoeing with my sisters and Dad to the river.  It was so beautiful and the perfect day.   Joel went on a snowmobile ride with Rick, Justin and Rhett and Claudine. 









Justin put on some snowshoes and tried them out.  He took off running and acted really funny.  He made us all laugh pretty hard.

I hardly saw the kids.  Hailey and Chloe loved riding the sleds behind the 4-wheeler.  Hailey even got to ride on the snowmobile with Blake.  I was able to take Chloe out for a ride on the M-8. (sounds like I know my sleds eh) 
Coelton of course went for a run and Caden got to snowmobile with Uncle Justin.






That night we went to Big Judds.  We all ordered the big judd and the hungry heifer, which is 15 scoops of ice cream in a big bowl!    Our family ate 1-1/2 big judds.  No picture on the wall for us.  We got there early so we could all be seated.  We drove everyone away, cause we practically had the whole place to ourselves. 





Sunday was spent in the Cabin. After half the day some of us started to get a little "cabin fever".  The one negative thing about the cabin is it was very noisy.  With 25 kids running around and crying it can make you a little crazy.  We loved watching the kids misbehave and be so glad they weren't ours.  We held our own church services,  Justin and Carleen taught us the sunday school lesson, and Ashley and Caslynn taught the kids upstairs. 
Sunday was Valentines day and we made sugar cookies for everyone.  Yum!    
We watched the Amazing Race premier and a then played wacky six and scum until midnight.  I love playing games and getting everyone really fired up.   





The kids had a lot of fun playing ping pong and pool.  They also had a lot of nerf dart gun wars.  We also watched some of the winter olympics together.

We drove back to Boise on Monday after stopping in Rexburg.  We drove around and looked at some housing for Coelton.  He was more interested in the indoor track and the sport fields.
Hailey cried the whole way home and begged us to move closer to her cousins.  Wish we could.

5 comments:

Shalean said...

Love all of your pictures! Did you get your blog book figured out? Are you going to order soon? Wish you guys lived closer too!

Judy Sledheads said...

Great post, I'm going to have to snag a few of your pictures to put on my blog! We had a great time and we wish ya lived closer too! But then you would have to buy snowmobiles so we could play together too!

Judy Sledheads said...

Oh an I must say that the pictures of Rhett taking Joel for a ride are my favorite!!!!! Wish I would have been fast enough to get some of Rick going for his ride!!!!

LaFam said...

I am going to have to get that picture of Darrell eating Hailey's cookie, funny. love ya

DaNae said...

You forgot about how you tried to do cool circles like Rhett going 1 MPH and we fell off! HAHAHA. Oh my. Such a fun weekend! The only reason I'm not mad at you posting that picture of me from my fall is because you posted one equally embarrassing of Justin in his bibs. Very nice. Anyone have that video of him running? I really want to keep it in my archives. (watch it every night).

Miss you already!