Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Chloe!





My baby is now 6 years old.  How can I stop time?  I must know!  This can't go on! 
It seems like yesterday we had our little Chloe.  I remember when we had the ultra sound to determine if she would be a boy or a girl.  I was certain we would be getting a boy, no Hammer family had more than one girl.  When they said it was a girl, I remember crying, now Hailey would have a sister!
We couldn't decide on a name.  I liked Ellie and Chloe and Joel really liked Chloe.  We didn't want Hailey to be the only one without a C name.  But, Chloe won.
The day she was born the doctor said he thought she would be 8-1/2 pounds, and he was right on she was 8 lbs 8 oz.  Our biggest baby.  She didn't have that high pitch girly cry like Hailey did.  She was pretty loud.  I remember looking at her just after she was born and holding her close...she was mine, we were complete. 
After going through 3 horrible pregnancies, I didn't want to put our family through 9 months of a non functioning mother especially when the father is working out of town most days, with no one around to help.  I didn't think I could live through another pregnancy.   Hailey was 5 when we had Chloe.  It took a while to decide to have a 4th child.  I found a great doctor who put me on a great medicine that helped me not throw up. (sort of).  I was at least able to function.  He took very good care of me and monitored me closely. 
Chloe was an answer to our prayers, the icing on the cake.  She has brought such joy to our family.
 Her middle name is Judy, which is my maiden name. 
Chloe loves to color and draw.  She likes Curious George, Martha Speaks and Dinosaur Train on PBS. (the only channel we get that has cartoons)
She loves her big sister and is always playing with her.  She wants to be just like Hailey in every way.
  She gives great back scratches and really nice hugs.  She loves to give eskimo and butterfly kisses.
Chloe is a good friend to others and has a tender heart. She is always so nice to give compliments to everyone.  She is always giving her friends "presents".  A few times I have had to call her friends and ask for her (rather nice) toys back.
 She is a good little helper and does her chores every day.  She wants to be a clogger or a ballerina.  She is often found dancing all over the house.  She also loves to play with her toys; barbies, polly pockets, littlest pet shop and her american girl doll. 
She loves lip gloss and slip on shoes.  Her favorite song is" I know that my savior loves me" and the  #6 song on Taylor Swifts CD.   
She LOVES to play with her friends.  She has so many to choose from it's hard for her to decide who to play with.



This year for her birthday we took her out to breakfast!  She didn't have school on her birthday.  The waitresses gave her a frosted doughnut with a candle and sang to her!  She got some little pet shop pets and a zhu zhu pet and some outfits for her doll.
She got to go to the movie "The Princess and the Frog", with Hailey and Chloe's friend; Annalie.

Joel and Coelton had a campout with the Priests.  They went Cross country skiing near red fish lake, and stayed in a cabin.  So the rest of us enjoyed dinner together and some yummy birthday cake! 
We love you baby.

Chloe Judy Hammer

2 comments:

Shalean said...

HaPpY bIrThDaY cHlOe! You are such a great cousin and friend to Riley and Sadie. They talk about the time they get to be with you every summer all the time! Sadie really wants a zhu zhu pet so I will keep it quiet that you now have one or she may use that against me:) We love you!

DaNae said...

Awww, Happy Birthday Chloe! She is the sweetest, cutest little girl ever. Who can resist those baby blues?