Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Time

I came down with a scratchy dry throat that turned into a horrible cough that lasted 10 days...just so happened to be the 10 days before Christmas! I was miserable and not much in the Christmas spirit. I hadn't been sick since 2007.
I got some $10 off coupons at Old Navy and got the girls these sweaters for FREEEE! Love that.
Needless to say, with the way
I felt I didn't get our 12 days of Christmas ready. The kids got out of school on the 18th, so we had 2 full weeks off. We did try and do some of our favorite things. Here are a few.

We got a new "flip" waffle iron on black friday for $10, so we made strawberry waffles one night. YUM!



Coelton ran his first community race; The Christmas Race. It was a 10k, and really fun to watch. Lots of people dress up like various santas, reundeer, elves, even cousin Eddy in his bathrobe and rubber hose. Coelton ran the race in 38 minutes. Parker, his fellow XC team mate, neighbor and ward member ran it with him.

We went caroling to a nursing home that our friend runs. We went with 3 other families. It was fun to sing Christmas songs and bring some cheer to these people who go through so much. We went to our friends house afterwards for hot chocolate, cinnamon rolls and visiting.
(picture to come)


Hailey had her Christmas recital at her piano teachers house. She has a new teacher this year who is nice and close. Hailey takes piano in the mornings before school. She is a good little pianist.


BYU just so happened to be playing their bowl game the same day as our cooking and delivering of goodies. So, the girls and I tackled the project by ourselves. We made carmels, those pretzel,rolo,m&m things and ginger snap cookies. I bought a bunch of cute boxes at the $1 store and we filled them with the goodies and made cute tags. We made 11 this year...should have done more.


Visiting Santa in the mall is always a highlight. We all go and I snap a picture with all the kids. It's fun to see the boys talk to Santa and he always tells them they are never to old to visit Santa. They love it, and so do I.

We got a new game that I gave us early. Mexican Train. It was fun to play together. One night we ended up playing it for 4 hours straight!

We went to see some Christmas lights. I saw an article in the news paper about a really great place to see lights. We plugged the address in our handy dandy black friday find...a GPS for the car. We arrived at the most amazing house I have ever seen. They let people get out of their cars and walk around. The bad thing is I forgot the camera:(

The best day was Christmas eve, we took the family to bogus and went skiing...even Chloe. It was sunny and a beautiful day! Chloe and I stuck to the coach lift and by the end of the day Chloe could ski really well...all by herself. The boys and Joel got ski passes for Christmas, so they got them a day early.




Caroling at the nursing home.

I made the kids some Christmas pillow cases.  Chloe was so amazed that I could do such things.
Mexican Train Game

No comments: