Tuesday, December 16, 2008

12 days of Christmas 1-3


In a quest to make Christmas last longer that just one day, I bought a book last year called the 12 days of christmas that got me thinking...
So, this year I also got my act together and arranged 12 days of Christmas for my family. My theme is "makin memories". I bought fancy paper and wrote on it what each day would be and then put each paper in 12 different fancy envelopes and wrote Day 1, Day 2 etc. on the envelopes.
We began on Sunday Dec. 14. Each of the kids take turns opening the envelopes that are placed under the tree. Hailey read the first letter that said "On the first day of Christmas we bring to you with Love." We gave the kids a book that I made on snapfish. It has all of our winter/christmas pictures in it since 2004 (when we went digital).
Yesterday the kids were pretty excited to open the next envelope! It said that we were going to the mall to visit Santa and then out for egg nog milk shakes at good ole arctic circle! (Sign of the times moment happened when we had to fill out a waiver so the kids could see Santa.) It was fun watching all the kids sit by him and tell him what they wanted for Christmas. Even the boys got into it. Santa told them they are never to old to visit him. He said the other day a 88 year old women came to see him.
Tonight at the dinner table they opened #3 and discovered that the tradition of the "secret star of service" would begin. The child with the star will do secret act of service for eachother and leave the star on the bed of whom they served, then that person does his act of service and so on.

1 comment:

Shalean said...

I LOVE those ideas! I bet it will be a Christmas your kids will always remember!