Monday, June 17, 2013

Popcorn, Licorice and Otter Pop lady

              

Back in 2005 I started helping out at Mary Mcpherson with the popcorn sales on Fridays.  I would take Chloe with me and she was so good while I bagged popcorn and then sold it. 
I was the primary president in the ward and I loved seeing and talking to the primary kids. 
My friend, Jill Nielson, took over the popcorn sales after the "popcorn lady", who had taken charge of popcorn sales at Mary Mac for years, passed away from cancer.
Jill moved in 2008.  I moved into her spot and was now in charge. 
My committee and I tweeked a few things and kept trying to make the popcorn sales better and better each year. 
We introduced other snacks to sell that were approved by the school nurse.  They became very successful and we made more money for the school.  The money we made went to paying for fireld trips and play ground equipment.  We would make roughly $900 a year. 
I would order the popcorn and purchase the redvines and otterpops at Costco.  My freezer was always full and my kids snuck their share of redvines from the closet on more than one occasion. 
It was a great ride.  I worked with many awesome ladies along the way.  Joel even came up a few times to help out...or to tease the kids. 

No comments: