Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Christmas Vacation

We had a great Christmas Vacation.  We did so many fun things.  We didn't get any pictures of when Joel took the girls ICE SKATING.  I took the boys to a movie.

We went to the LIVE NATIVITY by our house.  This is Clyde the Cammel.  He is getting bigger and bigger every year.  We love Clyde.  The Nativity gets better and better each year.  It's a great tradition.


This is a (blurry) picture of Chloe I took before going to the Nativity.  She's so cute.


Coelton is working his arm.  We saw a lot of this during the Christmas break.


BAKING DAY!  I love this day, it's a lot of work and I am exhausted when we are all done.  It's so worth it.  This year we made peppermint cookies, and whoopie pies with peppermint filling.  We sprinkled peppermint candies from Sees on the plates too.  We delivered than to neighbors and friends.
What is Coelton doing?  It's so hard to get a good picture of him or Caden these days.  They HATE getting their picture taken.


BOTANICAL GARDENS!  We finally went to see the winter wonderland a glow.  We tried to go a few years ago, but they were closed.  It is a lot like temple square, but they have the reindeer Prancer and free hot chocolate and cookies, and miniature train sets.  There as no snow, but it was VERY COLD. 




GINGERBREAD CHAOS!  What do you get whern you invite 6 seven year olds over to make Gingerbread houses.  You guessed it...craziness.  They loved making the houses, but it didn't last long enough and pretty soon I had a bunch of girls running around the house screaming.  Hailey and I had to think fast and we played games with them to keep them from going crazy.  I guess they ate too much sugar while making their houses. 



CHRISTMAS EVE!  We always go to Jason and Stephanie's house for Christmas Eve.  I guess we should spread the love, and have them over to our house, but we don't have a nice big table or a high chair.  Plus Steph has the cutest Christmas dishes that I'm sure she is dying to use. 
Grandma and Grandpa Hammer spent Christmas with us this year, so they came along too.  I brought my preschool games "Don't Eat Santa!" and Christmas Bingo.  This was a lot of fun to play.  Part of our tradition is to act out the nativity story with my Nativity costumes.  I can't believe how big the kids are...seems like yesterday my boys were Joseph and Hailey was Mary.  Chloe makes a pretty cute Mary, I must say. 


Grandpa, looking at his watch and thinking, "how much longer is this going to go on?"  ha ha





No comments: