Sunday, September 4, 2011

Summer Jobs

With the economy being so crumby, it's difficult for teenagers to find a job these days.  Caden applied to several places with no luck. 
He did get a pipe moving job when a friend asked him to help him move a wheat field.  That was great!  Caden had to go out twice a day and move the pipe.  It ended too soon though.  By July he was done. 
So he found other jobs pulling weeds for people and also mowing a lawn.  We bought a pressure washer and he went out and tried to sell the service of washing people's garbage cans out after the garbage truck came.  But no one wanted to pay for that service.  He weeded our garden and also took care of our lawn all summer.   He also works at chem dry a couple of days a week cleaning their office.  We kept him busy by giving him odd jobs around the place that needed done.  Mostly cleaning out the garage and pressure washing everyhting we could think of. 
I think it was a pretty good summer for not having full time employment he was able to stay fairly busy.  My "pet peeve" is lazy kids.  I can't stand to see them sleep in or lay around or watch TV or play video games for hours on end.
I love to see my boy come in plum tuckered out.  All dirty and sweaty from hard work.  I love it!   I smiled as I saw him get up early in the morning and duct tape the knees of his jeans to cover the holes so his knees didn't rub raw when he moved the pipe.   Caden is a hard worker and looks for things to do to keep himself occupied in a good way.   He met his goal for the amount of money he wanted to save this summer.  Good job son!!

I didn't get any pics this year, but this is a pic from last year when Joel and Caden moved in the field for a weekend. 


No comments: