Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Love that Bogus Basin!


We have been to Bogus about 10 times so far.  We have had some awesome days on the mountain.  The girls stay with me and Joel has decided he likes to stay with us too.  Caden usually brings a friend and they take off as soon as we get there. 


Chloe has become such a good little skier.  She can now go on green runs and most blue ones.  She has even tackled a couple of black diamonds.  One was a little scary when she fell and it was so steep she started sliding down the run and got going faster and faster.  I had to ski really fast to get in front of her and acted as the wall that she crashed into...right in front of a big tree.   She LOVES it and can't wait to go up each week. 
Hailey is practicing pulling her legs together and getting out of the snow plow position.  She does very well and can pretty much go on any run.  She is deciding if she wants to be a boarder or a skier. 



Oh ya...the best part is eating a large bogus fry!  When ya stick with Mom and Dad, that's a little perk that comes along with it. 

I have been really bad at taking my camera skiing.  I don't have very many pictures.  I went last Monday with the ladies in the ward.  It always feels so wierd to be skiing while the kids are in school and Joel is working...perhaps a little guilty.    It is pretty nice to be able to go on any run and go as fast as I want. 

2 weeks ago Joel and I got up Saturday morning and woke up the kids to get ready so we could go skiing.  The kids wouldn't get out of bed, so we left them and went skiing for the day together.  Just the 2 of us.  It was really great.  Joel finds all the powder runs and loves that.  Snowboarders love powder.  Skiers have a harder time in powder.  For one thing it makes my legs BURN.  I fell a couple of times too, and it's a lot harder for me to get back up than it used to be.  Mostly I like to kiss on the chair lift : )

Coelton is having the time of his life at BYU-I.  He is taking the snowboarding class and has a pass to Targhee.  He goes there every Thursday.  He was put in the advanced class and his instructor is a GIRL!  He is loving it a lot...the snowboarding, not the girl.    He promises me he will take pictures...of him snowboarding, not the girl. 


No comments: