Thursday, September 23, 2010

Our amazing Daddy!


In the last 4 months; June, July, August and Septmeber, Joel has been home 58 days and gone 64 days. (Give or take a day or 2.)  He went to England 2 times and each time was 10-11 days.  He also went on the Priest High Adventure which was 5 days.  He usually travels to his clients in SLC and Reno on Mondays-Wednesdays.  Sometimes it's Monday-Thursday, which he did quite a bit this summer. 

The travel comes with the job.  He has always traveled with this career. Had we known or understood what an accounting degree entailed, we would have chosen a different path.  However, Joel is amazing at what he does.  He loves his work and the people he works with and they love him.  He is a hard worker and is honest and ethical in all he does; which says a lot about the kind of individual he is. 

Joel gets tired of traveling and he misses his family a great deal.  It is lonely for him and he feels guilty, leaving the burden on me.  He has meant some great people and has worked for some huge companies and gained invaluable experience.
 His frequent flyers, hotel perks and rental car points has allowed our family to fly and stay for free to Nauvoo, Illinois.  Our family flew to Maui for free and had a "dream" vacation together.  Joel and I have been able to go to Vegas, Florida and SLC (several times) all free.  This November we are taking the family to Disney Land since Chloe has never been.  All for free.   So I suppose it does have some perks.

 I must confess that I do my fair share of complaining and feeling sorry for myself, but I find that when I really support Joel and stay close to the Lord, he makes my burdens light; just as he did for the women in the scriptures.  He knows when I can't do it anymore, and makes my back stronger so I can better carry those burdens. 

We try to stay a family unit while our "main man" is on the road.  We have discovered the world of SKYPE and love seeing eachother.  We like to turn on skype and kneel in our family circle and say our family prayers together at night.  We also do our scripture study together through skype.  The kids can get Daddy caught up on their "goings on" while they talk to him face to face.  It's a blessing. 

We are truly grateful and blessed to have employment in this difficult economy.  I have always been blessed to stay at home with the children.  I can't ask for more than that!  I love being a homemaker and a mother and above all a wife to a man I am crazy about.  He sacrafices much for us as he provides, presides and protects his family.  I love you honey!  You're my hero!!

1 comment:

Shalean said...

If anybody can handle holding down the fort, you can! Sweet post!