Thursday, September 16, 2010

First Day of School

Had I known this year would be like this one I would have planned when my kids were born a little better. ( is that possible?)
Coelton went to college, Caden is a sophomore and Hailey is at the middle school as a 6th grader and Chloe went to first grade all day!  I wished Chloe was at home with me, while I got over loosing Coelton for like ever. 
It's kind of a rip off.  You get this sweet new baby, raise him up to be a fine young man, and BAM, he leaves when he is 18 years old and only comes home to VISIT.  It's a terrible trick. 

Joel did arrange his travel so he could be home with me on the first day of school.  He has learned over the years that I don't do so well on that day.  He gets phone calls from his wife in tears when her babies start kindergarten, 1st grade and even high school.  I don't know what it is, I do really well up to the point when I turn around to leave.  Then all I see are these little babies that used to snuggle in my arms, and I loose it.

This year I guess Joel thought it would be exceptionally bad. 

Caden made it to school without riding the bus.  He catches a ride with friends and neighbors. Joel was able to snap this picture on his way out the door.
 
Joel drove Hailey and some of her friends to school and went in with her to help her with a jammed locker.  He also helped her decorate her locker with some stuff she bought at the $ store.

 
We both took Chloe to the bus stop and watched her get on
                                    and then drove to the school and watched her get off. 


No big deal.  Then we walked her to her door that she lines up at when the bell rings.  I snapped a couple pictures and she really wanted to go and play on the playground.  Chloe has Mrs. Kohli for 1st grade. 

 So we gave her hugs and kisses and turned around and walked away.  The flood gates opened and I just saw my baby, when she was a little baby, and wishing her back into my arms, but realizing that she will be gone all day, from THAT day on.

No comments: