Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Dear Sweet Visiting Teachers

I have always been blessed with wonderful visiting teachers.  It seems that every where I live I get an elderly sister to be my visiting teacher.  I just love them and look forward to hearing their wisdom each month.  I especially like to listen to stories of how they met their husband or raising children etc. 

Jessie Powell has been my visiting teacher since I moved here, 5 years ago.  She is 92 years old.  Her sweet husband Elmo just passed away a couple of months ago.  He was 97. 
Jessie comes over each month in her baseball cap and reminds me so much of my Grandma Robertson.  She wears pins on her outfits, all different kinds and each one tells a story.   I love her giggle and her interest in my life.  She has a simple, yet strong testimony and I feel the spirit when I am with her.

Sister Bastian is always great to share her wisdom with me on raising boys.  She has 3 returned missionaries and one still in high school.  She helps me a lot with all the new steps I take with Coelton, it helps so much to talk to someone who has done it before, and done it well.   She also is am amazing homemaker and shares great advice and tips with me.  We both were on the Ricks College Folk Dance Team, she was there a few years before me, but we love to reminisce of the good ole days.

I hope that I can be a visiting teacher like my own.  It's a work in progress ; )


No comments: