Monday, February 2, 2009

Winter Adventures


The fam at Bogus

The boys going up again for another jump.

Snowbird in Utah



Growing up in Eastern Idaho, there was always plenty of snow in the winter. I remember being snowed in so badly we had to ride snowmobiles into town to buy bread. Joel and I both learned to ski at Kelly's Canyon when we were Jr. High age. I skied with my older brother and all of his crazy friends during high school on the ski club. Each week we would climb on a bus and go to Targhee, Teton Village or Sun Valley. At Ricks college my brother and I again skied together on the ski club. I have many fun memories of skiing.
However, living in Boise, we don't get the snow like SE Idaho, and I didn't think there would be any good skiing close by. Then we discovered Bogus. It's only a 45 minute drive and has good snow. (not like the resorts I mentioned above) but decent.
And they make skiing affordable for families.
Joel and I wanted to provide our kids with the same experiences we had. Last Christmas Joel and the boys got snowboard lessons for Christmas and a lease package for all their equipment. We wanted to make sure they liked it before sinking too much money into it.
Needless to say, they were hooked...and went boarding together every chance they got. I would tag along occasionally and ski with them, I took Hailey once and spent the day with her teaching her how to ski.
This year for Christmas Santa brought them all a season pass so they could enjoy another great year of boarding.
We hope to get Chloe going soon, possibly next year. It will be so fun to get all of us on the mountain. Sure beats being cooped up all winter.

4 comments:

Judy Sledheads said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judy Sledheads said...

Nice comment about Rhett being stung by a bee, very funny! But we had a hard time figuring out who the 3rd kid was in your first picture - oh its Joel - he looks smaller than Coelton!

LaFam said...

Fun! You guys look like pros!

Heather

DaNae said...

I'm jealous of your skills! I am soo scared of trying to pick up skiing again. I don't want to yell "TRAAACK" the whole way down and biff it at the bottom of the hill... which WILL happen.

Is Chloe super excited to start? What an awesome family activity! (Is this a good activity?)