Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Rubiks Cube


I remember as a kid the infamous rubiks cube just came out and was VERY popular. I couldn't wait for Christmas to get one. Sure enough, christmas morning there was a rubiks cube for all the older kids. Coming from a family of 9 children...there was 3-4.
The rotating of all the colored squares began. I remember working on it for hours. I did finally fugure out how to get one side all the same color. I tried so hard to get 2 sides the same...but could never do it.
My brother would break his cube apart and put it together again solved. I followed him and would do the same. No one in the house, or on the school bus or at school could solve their rubiks cubes.
My son Caden is 13, and got a rubiks cube for Christmas. He played with it for a couple of days and then got serious about solving it and after watching a youtube demonstration, he solved his first cube in 2 hours, now he can solve it in minutes.
UNBELIEVABLE!!

4 comments:

LaFam said...

Wow! That is amazing! Way to go Caden!

Heather

Ashley Wray said...

Hey Natalie! I stubbled on your blog through Stephanie's. I didn't know either of you had blogs, but I'm glad you do! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun, I love your 12 days of Christmas idea, we did something similar and we all loved it! Anyways, hope to see you guys soon. We really were going to try to make it to the Hammer party on our way back through from Montana, but were just so ready to get home! Oh, and Caden, that is super impressive!

DaNae said...

I always knew that boy was a genius. He's gonna make his parents a lot of money some day.

Josh and Krystal said...

hello Natalie- I hope you don't mind me checking out your blog. Your kids have grown and you have a beautiful little family. Keep in touch!

Krystal