Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fall is here

Our month of September was eventful and busy as usual. We had unseasonably warm weather with temperatures in the 90's and then today, the last day of September our high is 57. (only in Idaho)

Senior Pictures
What? I have a senior in high school? When did that happen.








Cross Country
Meets, meets and more meets. Septmeber was full of them. We went to caldwell, Wieser, Idaho Falls (all in one day), Eagle Island and Nampa. The Varsity flew to Portland to run in the Nike Pre-Nationals. Both the boys are doing very well. Coelton continues to improve with a PR of 16:48 to date and Caden's is 21:13. Caden has struggled with asthma issues and Coelton had a little struggle with Poison ivy. (it's not toilet paper:) Coelton has kept a top 7 spot which has allowed him to always race with the Varsity. We are proud of their accomplishments this season, and are hooked on XC!




BYU Football
Joel, Coelton and Caden love to watch football. I get a little annoyed with it after several weekends of it. Joel reminds me that it is his "hunting" time. (please) We don't have cable TV so it's hilarious watching them scramble to find someone to invite them to watch the game at their house. So far, they have found a way into some poor souls house for 3 hours every week. I like watching the game, from about half time to the end:) I really like wearing our BYU shirts on game day just to make people in Boise mad...they are obsessed with BSU, and we hate BSU.



Labor Day Camping
I really wanted to take the trailer out another time, Joel refused to go over labor day because BYU was playing. So I found a camp ground with cable TV. We went to McCall and stayed at a very nice KOA. We had a delightful time being together, riding bikes and playing games. It was a great weekend.







Sisters race/get-away
My sisters and I have done a race together for the last 3 years. Our first race was in Idaho Falls May 2007. When Mom passed away, we decided that we needed to spend more time together. We all live in different cities/states. Last year I hosted our first get-away and they all came here and we ran the womens fitness celebration. This year Shalean was in charge and we ran the Simplot Portneuf greenway. We stayed at the Holiday Inn, and enjoyed being together; laughing, shopping, TRYING to sleep, eating, and more laughing. My sisters are my best friends. DaNae had some shirts made that we wear when we race. They have Mom and Lori's pictures on them and say "running with angels". It is a nice tribute to them, I'm sure they were there too. We hope to run a race every year together, even when we are 90.



Daddy Daughter Date
I am the activity days for girls leader, so this year I got to attend the date too! We had a Mexican Fiesta, complete with taco bar, chips and salsa, frieds ice cream and piniatas. We played the mexican train game and also learned about all the Dads and the funny stuff they did when they were kids. It was lots of fun. Joel is very happy to retire pine wood derbys for daddy daughter dates!

Picture coming soon.

3 comments:

Shalean said...

Hailey has bangs! Cute! Love the BYU fanatics in your house! Rick loves to stay up on them, but can't sit still long enough to watch and we have no cable either! One of these seasons we will get to see our Cougars more!

DaNae said...

Holy crap that's a nice KOA! I love the pictures of the boy's running... so cool to see how far they push themselves. And I was giggling like a little girl about the poison ivy comment. Oh my.

Very good post! I got goosebumps reading about our getaway. And VERY FUNNY about "trying" to sleep.

Judy Sledheads said...

Very Cute new family picture! You all look great!